Studying in London and the cost of living



Where you study in London requires a different amount of maintenance fund or cost of living allowance. From 14 November 2015, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) increased the maintenance fund and widened the areas considered as inner London. The following living costs are required:

Inner London: £1,265 per month over the course of 9 months = £11,385

Outer London:  £1,015 per month over the course of 9 months – £9,135

What is a maintenance fund?

When applying for a Tier 4 visa, you must provide evidence of funds which meet Home Office requirements. Your maintenance fund is classed as money for course fees and living costs.

What is classed as inner and outer London?

You will be studying in London if the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time) is at a site or sites situated within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District. Our expert consultants can help ensure you know all the facts when applying.

If you need assistance with applying to a university in London, arrange a free consultation today.

Discussion — No responses