The University of East Anglia offers degree and master's courses in arts, business, engineering, science, health, education, media and law. Every year they welcome students from over 120 countries to a beautiful campus, and graduates have gone on to find successful careers worldwide.
UEA is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK and has a reputation for academic excellence. The UEA campus is located in Norwich, a historic city in the east of England, and is known for its beautiful architecture and natural surroundings. The campus itself is set in 320 acres of parkland and boasts a lake, woods, and gardens.
The University of East Anglia has a diverse student body and a lively social scene, with over 200 clubs and societies to choose from. The University is also known for its creative writing program and its world-renowned Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts. A strong focus on employability offers a range of career services to help students prepare for life after graduation. The University of East Anglia's acceptance rate is around 79%.
Four Reasons to Study at UEA
1. University of East Anglia ranking and reputation
The University of East Anglia is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK and internationally.
- 27th in the Times University Guide 2023
- 27th in the Guardian University Guide 2023
- 342nd in the QS World University Rankings 2023
- 201-250th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
2. Great courses
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Leading University of East Anglia courses include Development Studies, Creative Writing, Environmental Sciences, Social Policy and Administration and Accounting and Finance.
3. Beautiful campus
The University of East Anglia’s location is one of the main reasons so many students decide to study here. From all parts of the campus, there are open views across the river to woods, meadows and playing fields. Linked by elevated pedestrian walkways between teaching buildings and residences, restaurants, snack bars and the library, facilities on campus include the Union Pub and Bar, a 24-hour library, a concert and gig venue, a canteen, a café/coffee shop, a bar/coffee shop, a graduate bar and a 24 hour launderette, a branch of Barclays bank, and a book shop.
A variety of University of East Anglia scholarships are available to eligible Indian students, including:
- Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to exceptional students who have demonstrated academic excellence, and covers full tuition fees and a maintenance grant for the duration of the course.
- International Undergraduate Scholarship: This scholarship is available to international students who are entering an undergraduate degree programme at UEA, and covers a portion of tuition fees.
- International Foundation Scholarship: This scholarship is available to international students who are entering the International Foundation Programme at UEA, and covers a portion of tuition fees.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme: This scholarship is available to students from eligible Commonwealth countries who are pursuing a master's degree in a subject related to sustainable development, and covers full tuition fees, a maintenance grant, and travel costs.
- Chevening Scholarship: This scholarship is available to students from eligible countries who are pursuing a master's degree at UEA, and covers full tuition fees, a monthly stipend, and travel costs.