The University of Leeds is a part of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and features in the world’s top 100 universities according to the latest QS World University Rankings. Leeds University Business School is a part of Leeds University and is one of the most influential business schools in Europe.
Leeds Business School regularly features in the top 10 business schools according to the Financial Times, QS and The Economist. It is one of the top ten institutes to study Business, Management and Marketing according to The Guardian University Guide 2021.
Learn more about why you should study at Leeds University Business School below, and if you want to apply or find out about undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the School, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK India today.
Five Reasons to Study at Leeds Business School
1. Subject and Course Rankings
- The Economist Which MBA? Rankings place Leeds as:
- 10th in the UK for MBA
- within the UK top five for MSc Management programmes
- The Guardian University Guide 2021 ranks Leeds as:
- 1st in the UK for Accounting and Finance
- 7th in the UK for Economics
- 9th for Business, Management and Marketing
- QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020 ranked Leeds in the world top 100 for Business and Management studies.
- Times Higher Education ranked Leeds 9th in the UK for Business and Economics studies.
- The Financial Times Masters in Management Rankings 2020 ranked the MSc International Business 8th in the UK.
Leeds Business School is globally recognised and holds numerous accreditations from major international bodies for its teaching and research excellence. It has one of the few business schools in the world that hold triple accreditation by three leading bodies:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- The European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
3. Student Satisfaction and Facilities
Leeds offers state-of-the-art facilities to aid in quality teaching and learning. This includes classrooms with the latest interactive teaching technology, lecture theatres, a large sophisticated boardroom and a modern trading room with a virtual trading platform.
- According to The Economist Which MBA? Rankings, Leeds is 2nd in the UK and 9th globally for the quality of its facilities. It is 22nd in the world for personal development/education experience
- The National Student Survey 2020 rankings for ‘overall satisfaction’ ranked Leeds out of all the Russell Group universities as 1st for Accounting, 2nd for Finance, 4th for Business Studies and 6th for Management Studies.
4. Graduate Employability
87% of graduates are within further studies or employed within 2 months of leaving the University. The business school boasts of work placements, volunteering opportunities, student business start-ups and lots of exposure through study abroad options and visiting faculty from the industry.
- Leeds has been ranked 8th in the UK for the employability prospects post-graduation according to the latest QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
- Leeds graduates were the ninth most in-demand in the UK as per the latest High Fliers Research survey.
- Leeds Business School is 1st in the UK and 7th globally for graduate career opportunities according to The Economist Which MBA? Masters in Management Ranking.
- It is 2nd in the UK and 5th globally for career progress according to the Financial Times Masters in Management Rankings 2020.
The business school offers a range of scholarships at all levels of study for international students based on merit. These include:
- The Dean's Business School International Excellence Scholarships worth £3,000
- Leeds International Foundation Year Scholarship worth £3,000
- Masters International Excellence Scholarships worth £6,000
- MBA Excellence Scholarship, the amount of the scholarship is variable.
Study at Leeds University Business School
Apply to the full range of courses available at Leeds Business School with SI-UK India. To learn more about courses and scholarships at Leeds University Business School, book a free consultation today.
Other Related Articles:
- Study Food Science and Nutrition at the University of Leeds
- Top 5 UK Universities to Study Accounting and Finance
- Studying Business at Brunel University London