Scholarships and similar funding opportunities are highly sought after as a good education doesn’t come cheap. A growing number of scholarships are being offered by UK Universities to attract most talented international students, making applications extremely competitive.
SI-UK having close relationship with UK Universities can help deserving international students interested to study in UK secure scholarships, bursaries and funding.
UK Government Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarships: Postgraduate scholarships funded by UK foreign and commonwealth office for proficient international students
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships: The Commonwealth Scholarships funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) for international students undertaking taught Master’s programs that are demonstrably relevant to the development of technology, economy or society within the student’s country of origin.
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries: Funded by DFID for international students from Commonwealth counties for studies at Master’s and PhD level.
Non-Governmental UK Scholarships for International Students
- Euraxess UK: An initiative of the European Commission for research placements. The UK branch of the scheme offers various graduate research scholarships for efficient international students.
- CastleSmart Scholarships: For undergraduate international students offered by Estate agent CastleSmart requiring applicants to create a convincing and influential YouTube video outlining their study and career plans to be eligible for scholarship.
Scholarships for Indian Students
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships: An arts, heritage conservation and humanities scholarship fund for doctoral and research students and visiting fellow from India.
- Goa Education Trust Scholarships: An opportunity for students of Goa to undertake postgraduate study in any field in the UK
- Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships: Scholarships to study in Scotland at any degree level
- A.S.Hornby Trust Scholarships: Supports the teaching of English as a foreign language and awards scholarships to English Language teachers to develop their English language skills
- Great India Scholarships: With 198 scholarships on offer, it is a great opportunity offered for Indian students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
University Specific Scholarships for Indian Students
- Birkbeck University International Office Merit Scholarships: For one year master’s degree
- Cardiff Business School India Scholarships: For any taught postgraduate
- Heriot Watt International Merit Scholarships: On a taught Postgraduate program within the School of Management And Language
- King’s College London King’s India Scholarship: One scholarship to study in the University’s India Institute
- London Metropolitan University Mahatma Gandhi scholarship: Single scholarship to undertake study at master’s level
- Ms. Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship at St. Antony’s College: Indian Govt. fellowship for high achieving research Indian students in the field of history, economics and political Science
- Newcastle University Undergraduate India Scholarship: Offered within selected faculties
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India scholarships: At any degree level
- Sir Ratan Tata Fellowships for South Asian Students at LSE: For Social science students to study within the LSE Asia research centre
- University of Dundee Rio Tinto Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships
- University of Edinburgh Principal’s Indian Masters Scholarships: 12 scholarships at Master’s level
- University of Southampton LLM International Scholarships: To study Law at postgraduate level
- UWE Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships: tuition fee discounts by Bristol University
If you are interested in learning more about scholarships at UK universities, arrange your free consultation today at SI-UK.