Generations of Indian students consider the UK as the perfect higher education study destination, with its high quality teaching and facilities ensuring a life changing experience.
Law programmes at UK universities provide a comprehensive and critical understanding of core legal principles and practical skills. Students will learn the content of law and legal analysis, gaining experience in the areas of mooting, arguing and negotiation. That’s why LLB programme help students gain valuable experience in a real world setting.
Lots of aspiring lawyers look for training contracts and vacation schemes at top law firms right after their LLB undergraduate course, with both providing crucial work experience and weight to your CV. Additionally, many firms treat them as an integral part of the training contract application process.
The University of Law Student View
Kishan Parshotam completed his accelerated LLB graduate degree from The University of Law and is keen to share his experience and tips with prospective students.
- Kishan on what inspired him...
“Law has always captivated me and has continually been in the background of my hobbies and studies. The turning point for me came when my lecturers and course head encouraged me to apply for vacation schemes and attend springboard programmes. I always knew my goal was to become a qualified Solicitor within the next three years and gain expertise in law, and so finding the training contracts and vacation scheme excited me.
After applying, I was quizzed for 30 minutes about my experience and justifications from an interviewer, which was a test of my resilience.”
- Kishan on receiving an offer...
“When I received an offer, I took my time to decide which training contract to accept. Offer day was 1st September 2016 for most firms, but I already received an offer from another firm beforehand. I carefully deliberated and spoke to various trainees, associates and partners before making my decision. In the end, I made a decision that was fully informed in the knowledge that I could not look back or have any regrets. It was a difficult month, but I’m happy with my decision.”
Kishan’s advice on vacation schemes…
- Enjoy the course you’re on. If you don't enjoy it, it’s probably not for you and it is important not to waste any further time.
- If you think you might want to be a solicitor, apply for schemes as early as possible. The competition is fierce and the earlier you get involved in the process, the better your chances will be.
- Firms today are looking for individuality, it doesn't matter what gender, race or religion you are. What matters is what defines you as a person. It’s easy to conform to a certain stereotype or act as others do. However, individuality breeds creativity, which in turn leads to unique problem solving methods.
Why choose The University of Law?
The University of Law provide carefully curated Law degrees and deliver the highest standards in teaching on campus and online whilst offering students the greatest flexibility in study locations, modes and specialist disciplines.
Did you know? 97% of full-time 2016/17 and accelerated 2017/18 LPC students graduating in summer 2017 secured employment, a training contract, or further study within nine months of successfully completing their course.
Apply to study at the University of Law with SI-UK India by arranging a free consultation today.