More than 50,000 international students from over 180 different countries study at Scottish universities every year. Scotland’s education system is recognised for its high quality and has a reputation for producing creative thinkers. Scotland has more world-class higher education institutions per head of population than anywhere else in the world. Graduates from Scottish universities are fully prepared for the working world and 85% scottish employers are ‘very satisfied’ with their work readiness according to surveys.
Learn more about what makes Scottish universities so popular with international students below. If you want help applying to study in Scotland or finding the right course and university, book a free consultation with SI-UK today.
Reasons to Study in Scotland
- The quality of education in Scotland is underpinned by world class research
- Scottish Higher Education institutions are subject to rigorous quality assurance processes and the Scottish Quality Enhancement Framework requires universities to demonstrate improvements in the quality of teaching and education on a yearly basis
- The Scottish model of quality enhancement which includes student input and feedback on student satisfaction is being mirrored by universities across Europe
- Scottish universities offer learning focussed on employability and students have plenty of part-time and graduate job opportunities in major cities such as Edinburgh
- Scottish cities are student friendly and a centre for cultural and activities. Edinburgh plays host to some of the world’s biggest parties and was ranked the 2nd best in the world for quality of life
Best Universities in Scotland
According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019, the top five universities in Scotland are:
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- University of Aberdeen
- University of St Andrews
- University of Dundee