More international students than ever are studying in the UK as they look to develop a better understanding of other cultures and to gain a global mindset. The opportunity to experience different languages, cuisines and customs is exciting and, by absorbing a new cultural environment and learning from a different educational system, many students feel they have a more enriching experience than if they had studied in their home country.
One of the most popular study options for international students in the UK is the MBA. Studying for an MBA requires a huge investment of time, money and energy, so it is crucial to ensure your choice of programme and business school meets your needs.
Coventry University is committed to developing student’s skills, offering a great student experience and helping with future career preparations, with its MBA “aiming to teach students how to respond to the needs of the modern world by thinking critically and strategically in seeking solutions to complex problems. It can help towards establishing better career prospects and salary.”
The Coventry MBA Student View
Zhang Xiai shares her journey of studying at Coventry University
Zhang Xiai from China is studying an MBA Business Administration course at Coventry University and is keen to share her story.
“I have been in the UK for about half a year. Previously, I studied in the US and travelled to other European countries including the UK. Because of my diverse educational background and experience, I got used to the UK quite fast.
When applying, the Coventry University Admissions Team was very efficient compared to other schools. Before I came to the UK, they called me a few times to ask if there is anything they could help with, which helped put me at ease.
During the course, both lecturers and the other teaching team have been very helpful. The library has an academic team especially focused on assisting students with academic essays. All the school faculties are willing to help us to grow – to succeed in our course.”
- Three reasons Zhang Xiai loved Coventry
- It is the best place to live and enjoy life. The UK is a small country with beautiful scenery and fresh air. You can see castles, churches, forests and lots more!
- The UK has a rich heritage. In the UK, most of the museums and galleries are free and open for students, meaning I learned lots about its history.
- Its high standard and diversity in education. In our MBA class, I have classmates who are from almost 20 countries such as the UK, US, China, Canada, India and so on. Studying at Coventry is a great opportunity to expand my knowledge, meet new people, and experience a new culture to enrich my life.
Why an MBA at Coventry was the right choice for me
“I am enjoying my MBA course since all my classmates have lots of experiences in their sectors and we learn from each other. I have not spoken English for a few years, studying the course greatly helps me to pick up my English skills. Also, MBA courses are very comprehensive, by taking this course, I have developed my overall understanding of the global market knowledge as well as enhanced my management skills.
A master’s degree is very important in China especially in the managerial sector. I am running my own business, so I need to cultivate a deeper perspective in my career as well as gain better managerial capability to operate the business well.”
Why choose Coventry University?
There are over 250 courses available at Coventry University, from Business and Finance to Art and Design and Aerospace Technology to Media and Communications. MBA programmes are available to study in Coventry or at the London Campus, which is located in the heart of the Capital’s financial district.
Coventry’s teaching staff, facilities and student experience have received a number of awards and accolades in recent years, and their future is looking bright too.
- Ranked 13th in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2019)
- Awarded Gold for outstanding teaching and learning (Teaching Excellence Framework)
- 97% of graduates employed or in further study six months after graduation (DLHE Survey 2015/16)
- Awarded University of the Year for Student Experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- Coventry University voted Modern University of the Year for three consecutive years (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014-2016)