Environmental organisations all over the world are tackling the CO2 emissions from fossil fuels, global warming and climate changes. Their main concern is to minimise the effect with increasing the use of renewable energy. Progressively cleaner, sustainable and renewable energy resources and technologies are being developed. Hence it leads to an increasing need for qualified and skilled engineers in the energy industry.
What is Renewable Energy Engineering?
Renewable energy engineering is developing new means for sustainable energy extraction and designing energy-efficient machinery. Wind, solar, hydrogen fuel cells and bioenergy are considered as the holy grail of sustainable energy. Students will create solutions to problems encountered in renewable energy capture, conversion, storage and management.
Entry Requirements for Renewable Energy Engineering
- Typical A-Level Requirements: AAB including A-Level mathematics and a science or engineering subject (physics is preferred)
- International Baccalaureate Requirement: 30-34 points
- Academic Requirement for post-graduation: A good honours degree minimum 2:2 in mathematics, physics or engineering discipline
- English Speaking Requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each element
Careers in Renewable Energy Engineering
The median salary for energy engineers was $68,445, while researchers and developers were receiving paychecks between $68,320 and $106,370. You may design, install and operate renewable energy generating systems or design and construct energy-efficient buildings and work in:
- manufacturing industries
- energy and environmental consultancy companies
- energy advise and research centre
- national and international non-governmental organisations
Top 10 UK Universities to Study Renewable Energy Engineering
- University of Oxford
- Imperial College London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Manchester
- Durham University
- University of Exeter
- University of Leeds
- University of Nottingham
- Newcastle University
- University of Aberdeen
Do you need assistance in applying to Oxford or Cambridge? The Oxbridge Service will fully prepare you in your application to some of the best universities in the world with intense interview practise and expert personal statement advice.
Apply to study Renewable Energy Engineering
If you are interested in applying for Renewable Energy Engineering course in the UK, arrange your free consultation today. Don't forget the Premium Service will guarantee you at least one offer from a UK university!