The School of Food Science and Nutrition at the University of Leeds has been ranked 1st in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2019) soaring one place as compared to the year 2018 ranking. The success lies in the excellent collaborative working at local, national and international level.
Nutrition science is a holistic process to address the critical issue of lifestyle-related diseases in the current era. A nutrition degree will prepare you to assess, advise and promote a healthy diet and lifestyle. In the wake of general awareness of health and fitness, the demand for dieticians and nutritionists is escalating nowadays.
Why Study Food Science and Nutrition at Leeds?
Courses to Consider: Food Science and Nutrition (Industrial) MSci/BSc, Food Quality and Innovation MSc, Food Science and Nutrition MSc
- Ranked in the top 3 UK Universities for food science in all of the major UK league tables including 1st position in the Guardian 2019 ranking
- 100% of research is outstanding or of very considerate impact (REF 2014)
- Courses accredited by the Institute for Food Science and Technology assure that you meet the standards of the food profession thus help you stand out to employers.
- A range of research-based degree courses taught by experts in an active research environment engage in research through individual and team-based project works.
- Access to specialist facilities such as Food Colloids and processing laboratory equipped with state of the art equipments such as scattering equipments, electron microscopy facilities, analytical equipments, sensory evaluation to perform consumer panel assessments and high computing facilities.
- The university is home to both the UK champion for Global Food Security and two of the most highly cited food scientists in the world
- Strong research links with top-ranking universities in Asia, Africa, America Australasia and Europe, including a strategic alliance with Jiangsu University
- The Industrial Advisory Committee ensures advanced courses with modern practices and techniques reflecting the latest development.
- Guest visits from multinational companies and industrial visits make the courses industry-relevant and graduates are most sought out by the employers
- A personal tutor and an excellent student support will provide advice and support throughout the duration of your study
- Leeds has risen being top 10 for the 4th consecutive year in the Guardian Ranking and has achieved a top 3 position in the Times High Education Student Experience Survey.
- 40% International students study this course and 96% students are either in work or further study six months after graduating.
Study Food Science & Nutrition in the UK