A career in motorsport engineering is a glamorous one, but the journey to get there is a tough one. The global popularity of motorsport make these types of position in demand, and having a passion for the sport will stand you in good stead ahead of your education in the subject.
What is Motorsport Engineering?
Motorsport Engineering focuses on all aspects of modern race vehicles, from high-performance engines, use of hybrid power and power delivery, to the high-performance end of the spectrum of aerodynamics and vehicle stability mechanisms and methodologies.
This industry requires total commitment from its engineers, and candidates will need skills, experience and qualification to make their mark. To make that first step on the ladder and get ahead, a UK degree is invaluable.
Why study Motorsport Engineering in the UK?
The UK’s motorsport legacy is recognised worldwide. Programmes are developed and delivered from motorsport industry professionals, and you will engage with these professionals throughout your study, as well as being taught in state-of-the-art laboratories.
Motorsport Engineering is a full-time 3-year course at graduation level and full-time 1-year course at postgraduate level.
- Typical International Baccalaureate requirements: 35 points to include Maths at a higher level
- Typical A-levels requirements: AAB-BBB including mathematics and physics, chemistry, design technology, electronics, computing or other suitable science subjects
- Typical IELTS requirements: 7.0 overall, with no lower than 6.5 in any one component.
Careers in Motorsport Engineering
Successful students go on to be a part of a network of engineers working across motorsport and the high-performance car sector. UK universities have had students go on to work for Mercedes F1, Morgan, Aston Martin, Rolls-Royce, JLR, Westbourne Motors and HCI Systems.
Best Universities to Study Motorsport Engineering in the UK
- Coventry University
- Cranfield University
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Derby
- University of Huddersfield
- Oxford Brookes University
- Staffordshire University
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- University of Bolton
- University of Wolverhampton
Study Motorsport Engineering in the UK
Motosport Engineering degree ensures you earn while doing what you love. If you are interested in studying Motorsport Engineering in the UK, arrange your free consultation today. Don't forget the Premium Service will guarantee you at least one offer from a UK university!