Imperial College London has been ranked 1st in the Guardian University Guide 2019 and 3rd in the QS World University Rankings for Civil Engineering, while the University itself has been voted as the 8th best university in the world by QS.
Engineering at Imperial involves studying the basic principles which drive innovation. Mathematics is used as a tool to develop understanding and new concepts and the University recognise that civil engineering is crucial to meeting the major global challenges.
Civil Engineering at Imperial has been consistently ranked as the best civil engineering department in the UK and it provides strong support for students, helping them build for their future career. The department features:
- Strong links and various close collaborations with industry and professional institutions and bodies.
- The faculty is dedicated to escalate its research activity on engineering led multidisciplinary growth areas in the context of global challenges.
- The reputed undergraduate courses introduce students to civil engineering subjects from first term
- The specialist postgraduate programmes transfer scientific academic knowledge to industry
- 91% research of Imperial is world leading (REF 2014). All the aspects of civil engineering are consulted with the exceptional laboratory facilities
- 91% overall students satisfaction and 93% for staff good at explaining things
- The second largest Civil Engineering library in the world
Course to be consider: Civil Engineering (Meng)
This 4-year duration course offers:
- A broad spectrum of knowledge in the theoretical principles and conceptual fundamentals underpinning the Civil Engineering.
- Development of specialist knowledge of a particular field through elective module and research based project
- Available with one year abroad programme where you can take the relevant language course in years I II and III.
- It allows integration of theory and practice through field work.
- It enables students forming their own companies and construct scaled down versions of well-known civil engineering projects while working in team
- A*A*A in Mathematics and Physics
- International Baccalaureate- 39 points
- IELTS overall 7.0 with 6.5 in each element
An extensive range of specialist taught master programs is available in the broad spectrum of disciplines: Environmental Engineering and Hydrology, Soil Mechanics and Engineering Geology, Structural Engineering and Transport. You can study in a one-year full-time and part-time mode.