In this fast-paced age, business has become more competitive due to globalization and the blend of technology with commerce. Companies need to compete, grow and achieve goals of bringing in massive profit, and business analytics is a key aspect of that.
What is Business Analytics?
Business analytics is the study of an organization’s data through statistical methods and operations analysis. It requires quantitative methods and evidence-based data to measure business performance. It is the development of foretelling models, application of maximization techniques that can be applied to a specific project, process or product.
What will you learn?
- Description, prediction and taking business decisions in marketing, human resources, finance and operations
- Development of basic data literacy & an analytical mindset to make strategic decisions
- Applying specialised techniques and tools and make use of programming software and management skills to improve efficiency
- Typical A-Level offer: AAB including Mathematics and Statistics (specific subjects required)
- International Baccalaureate: 35 points, 17 at a higher level
- Academic Requirement for Post Graduation: A good 2:1 Honours Degree in management, engineering, science or related discipline
- English speaking requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each element
Careers in Business Analytics
As per the BLS 2016, the average annual income for business analysts was $91,910 and expected growth is 14% from 2014 to 2022. The current shortage of graduates with sound business analytics skills puts you in a good position upon graduation and you can work in consultancy, government agency, manufacturing, healthcare,
defence, digital, retail, finance, logistics, market research, project management and supply-chain management.
Top 10 UK Universities to Study Business Analytics
- Alliance Manchester Business School- The University of Manchester
- University of Warwick
- University of Strathclyde
- Lancaster University
- University of Loughborough
- University of Aston
- University of Kent
- University of Liverpool
- University of Leeds
- University of Southampton
Apply to study Business Analytics
If you are interested in applying for Business Analytics course in the UK, arrange your free consultation today. Don't forget the Premium Service will guarantee you at least one offer from a UK university!