Artificial intelligence and machine learning courses are a branch of computer science study in the UK and are the right picks for tech-savvy students who want to advance their careers by learning computing and scientific skills. As the world becomes more digitised, this branch of study is gaining popularity amongst international students because of the prestige, teaching and facilities that UK universities have to offer.
Artificial Intelligence is a highly specialized field of study which focuses on the creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans. So, if you want a rewarding and innovative career offering opportunities for breakthrough research and development of intelligent computer based application systems, a degree course in Artificial Intelligence might be an apt choice for you.
Learn more below about AI and ML courses in the UK and if you would like to begin your application, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK India today.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Courses
Studying AI and ML in the UK means learning from the best teachers, benefitting from world-beating research and taking advantage of great facilities. AI or machine learning courses are popular mainly amongst postgraduate students because the course duration is just one year. However, there are plenty of undergraduate AI and machine learning courses in the UK as well.
- Undergraduate artificial intelligence course
Students must have relevant education certificates in subjects approved by the university. Apart from that, valid English language scores are expected for getting entry into a good institute. Undergraduate programmes in the UK are traditionally completed in three years.
- Postgraduate artificial intelligence course
Applicants must have a relevant bachelor’s degree, along with a letter of reference that will be evaluated during admission. Apart from this, some universities expect work experience letters too for a successful enrollment of international students. Taught postgraduate programmes take one year to complete.
AI Course Fees
An undergraduate programme at a UK university can cost anywhere between £20,000 to £30,000. This value can go up considerably based on the university you have chosen for your studies. If you are interested in a postgraduate programme in the UK, then the average tuition fees can start from £14,000, and can go up to £35,000.
Top UK Universities for AI and ML Courses
You can study artificial intelligence or machine learning at undergraduate and postgraduate level and universities in the UK have a reputation for providing the best facilities and teaching to international students. Here is the list of top universities that provide artificial intelligence and machine learning courses:
- Imperial College London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Manchester
- Cranfield University
- University of Birmingham
- University of Southampton
- Queen Mary University of London
- Loughborough University
- University of Strathclyde
- Aston University
Why study an Artificial Intelligence course?
Artificial Intelligence can provide revolutionary technological solutions for large organizations with ever evolving IT requirements. AI applications can also be cost effective and time saving compared to conventional systems.
Hi-tech AI based systems and smart assistants such as Siri, Alexa, Watson, Cortana, and Google AI Assistant are making life easier and creating a high demand for professionals in this booming industry, leading to the popularity of AI courses amongst students worldwide.
Benefits of studying an AI course in the UK
- UK universities provide an intellectually stimulating learning environment where international students get a chance to interact with some of the best minds and leading academicians in the field
- Students in the UK have access to state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure allowing them to learn and use the latest skills and techniques available
- Universities in the UK are globally recognized for high impact industry led research and studying undergraduate and postgraduate courses there paves way for further education with degrees in research and PhD
- Course modules offered are excellent and in line with the latest industrial requirements covering the core concepts of Machine Learning and Deep learning
- Studying at a UK university will equip students with more practical and theoretical knowledge in the field compared to their home country. With its highly qualified faculty, research facilities and computing resources, the country attracts students in huge numbers from across the globe
Study AI in the UK
If you are interested in studying undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Artificial Intelligence at a UK university, you can arrange a free consultation with SI-UK India today.