Sheffield School of Architecture has been ranked as the top school in the UK as per the Guardian University Guide 2019. The ranking reflects that a Sheffield degree is the hallmark of quality for the graduates across the world. This success must be credited to the positive students’ experience, high standards of teaching and careers after 6 months.
If you are interested to study Architecture at the top UK University, the University of Sheffield, why not arrange a free consultation with SI-UK today? Our international application experts can help you begin your journey towards studying in the UK.
Why Study Architecture at the University of Sheffield?
- The professional courses are fully accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and Architects Registration Board (ARB).
- A wide range of professional as well as academic programmes including under graduate degree (RIBA part1), MArch Programme (RIBA part2), Taught masters and PhD programmes.
- The school is known for the strong social ethos and engage with real architectural, societal and environmental issues through partnership, research and teaching.
- A strong and inclusive studio culture. The students actively engaged in the ‘Live studio projects’ and develop their own approach within the framework.
- High quality facilities such as architecture studios equipped for model making and CAD designs, two material workshops equipped with comprehensive range of equipments including light tool kits and battery drills, extensive use of information technology including PCs with BIM, Autocad and design software, reprographic units with 3D copiers and media unit offering artificial sky for daylight simulation etc.
- Strong connections with other schools and organisations around the world thus promoting cultural exchange actively.
- Erasmus partnership with a wide range of universities in Europe and additional partnership with Universities further afield as part of the study abroad programme.
- The school has been ranked 4th in the UK for research excellence and top 3 in the UK for research impact (REF 2014)
- 100% graduates in employment or further study after 6 months of graduation (latest destination survey)
- Top 30 in the world in the QS World Ranking 2018 and top 3 in the Times Good University Guide 2018.
- Sheffield is top 5 in the UK for the best overall student experience and the Students’ Union has been placed number 1 for consecutive years (THE Student Experience Survey 2018)
Apply to study Architecture in the UK