The cost of an MBA and the interference in a busy work schedule remain the two key reasons why people ask the question is it worth pursuing this type of specialised degree.
If you are wondering what the answer is, it is generally always worth it and an MBA is an internationally renowned passport to a successful management career.
Why study an MBA in the UK?
- Serving excellent academics building solid foundation and exposing students to vast areas of the business-related topics.
- Specially designed putting much heavier weight on work experience case studies, group work and real-world scenario.
- Offering a one-year challenging and thought-provoking program saving your time and money as compared to MBA programs offered by US and Canadian University
- Most Valued Degree: An MBA from UK will transform your CV and make you a more attractive graduate to the world's best employers.
- Most sought after Alumni among Big-Shot Employers: Young MBA aspirants scale new heights by acquiring skills to think logically, laterally and independently to grab the management/leadership position with international companies, to work for eminent financial institutions or even start a new business.
- Career Progression: There is a strong representation of MBA graduates in all sectors. AMBA’s last Career survey shows 67% increase in female graduates in legal field while graduates working in public sector almost got doubled.
- Bankability of your Degree: It can be proven by the fact that 42 CEOs of the Fortune top 100 companies hold an MBA, banks in the UK recruiting MBA graduates with good analytical and management skills and companies focusing their search on MBA graduates to recruit project managers.
An MBA provides significant financial return in the form of better earning potential and constructive impact on career development.
- AMBA’s Career Survey shows that mean salary of UK MBA graduates from AMBA accredited schools stands around £82,000 and a median salary at £90,000 since 2004.
- As per UK university salary report 2017, the average salary of Executive MBA stands at $121,000 while salary of an MBA stands at $106,000.
- Research from Forte Foundation shows an average pay gains for an MBA candidate with 35-40% raised to 55-65% after five years and Lifetime earnings of MBA graduates average out at $3million
An MBA is not just about the topics you learn, but the people you meet and the networks you create. Benefitting from top quality connection with a diverse and experienced group of professionals, tutors, guest speakers in addition to the international fellow students, you will be able to extend your professional network greatly.
Return on Investment
It is one of the major concerns among students while pursuing MBA whether the expenses are proportionate to the benefits or whether degree will be a safe bet or not. Although to compute value of an MBA is quite vague but the Alumni Perspectives Survey (GMAC) reported that a degree holder generally recovers one third of the cost of their studies within a year of graduation and the degree had paid for itself in four years. Also 95% of alumni surveyed reported MBA as an outstanding degree and more than three out of four reported that their expectations from their education were met while 93% would like to pursue the degree again, if they had to do.
With the problem-solving, management and interpersonal skills, right hard-working and can-do attitude, an MBA will definitely serve to provide the enhancements in life and work that you are searching for.