In today ‘s rapidly changing world where on the international stage developed countries are becoming more powerful and significant while the developing countries are growing expeditiously, the centre of attraction has been shifted towards International Affairs. The foreign relations between nations are changing hence a profound study on international Relations has become inspiring, intriguing and important.
Overview of International Relations
International Relations is an exciting field of study presenting a global oriented perspective on the issues that rise above the nations. It deals with the nature of ever changing relations between nations and studies the functioning of the International System.
Interdisciplinary in nature it blends the fields of economics, history, and political science to examine human rights, global poverty, the environment, economics, globalization, security, global ethics, and the political environmental boundaries.
Why study International Relations?
In 21st Century Economic Integration, continuous threat to Peace and Harmony, international focus on Human rights and environmental Protection are the complex issues that need to be addressed and ultimately solved.
International relations are all about power and weakness, war and peace, conflicts and cooperation and put simply, understanding of these behaviour patterns is the only way to change it.
Why to study International Relations in the UK?
If you have a genuine interest in and enthusiasm for social science, then studying international relations in the UK would prove immensely valuable for you because it:
- Provides great insights on political affairs, public policies, economic trends, social issues, laws – all linked together and forming the big picture
- Develops the rights skills, such as communication skills, persuasion and negotiation abilities, creativity and problem-solving skills
- Aims to give you insight into how the international community works as you will study alongside students from a wide range of countries
- Helps to develop a range of intellectual and practical skills that are relevant across a wide range of career opportunities
- Enables you to improve your English speaking by attending an English language school abroad
- Gives an opportunity to apply to a Bachelor's or Mater's that focuses on that specific area to perform a job as an international relations specialist
- Supports you to seek employability in numerous fields including the NGO sector, International Organisations, diplomacy, political analysis, journalism and much more
Careers in International Relations
International relation specialists have a much broader set of career options in addition to politics and can get involved in fields like economics, social systems and cultural life of communities. It is a very versatile subject and offers plenty of opportunities in a wide array of:
- Humanitarian organizations
- Government agencies
- International corporations
- Media outlets
- Intergovernmental organizations
- International communications
- Research centres
To know more about International Relations, Entry Requirements or any other alternate program Apply SI-UK and get invaluable information from our Experts.