If you are an international student wondering where to study in the UK, there are few better cities in the world than London, Coventry, Manchester, Leamington, and Glasgow.
Each of these cities offer plenty of sights to see, great food, and friendly people and, although being an international student may be daunting at first, you’re bound to feel right at home in no time.
Homes for Students ensure that accommodation in London, Coventry, Manchester, Leamington Spa and Glasgow offers the perfect home away from home for international students. Based in central locations, you can explore your new city with ease and be back at home in no time at all.
Modern, comfortable student living also offers fun social spaces which are the perfect base to make new friends and create memories. Learn more here and get ready to sit back, relax, and enjoy your best student life.
We spoke to Homes for Students about why these five student cities are the best. Learn more below and if you want to begin your application, arrange a free consultation with SI-UK India today.
Top Five University Cities for International Students
- The transport In London will be your best friend! Although London is big, it is seriously well-connected, and very easy to get to places.
- In terms of your career, London is a great place to start. There is a huge range of job opportunities in the big city, with a lot of graduate schemes on offer.
- There is always so much to do in London! You will never be bored, we promise. As well as the popular sights like Big Ben and The Tower of London, there are a lot of hidden gems too.
- The city of London itself is very international, as of 2018/2019 the total number of international students in the UK was 485,645 – so you definitely won’t feel alone.
- Although Coventry is a small student city, it is a very friendly one, with close transport links to Birmingham (a city great for shopping!)
- There are currently over 12,000 international students from over 130 different countries at Coventry University and the University has a dedicated International Office to handle enquiries, applications, and support students throughout the visa process.
- Coventry has a great night life, delicious food, and plenty of fun activities.
- Coventry is a popular destination for shopping, and it’ll be right on your doorstep! There’s an impressive selection of markets, precincts and shopping centres to enjoy.
- Did you know that half of Manchester’s adult population is multilingual, with 4 in 10 people speaking more than one language? It’s a great place to be as an international student.
- From the hipster bars of the Northern Quarter to the luxurious cocktail bars in Spinningfields, Manchester has plenty to enjoy at night.
- Manchester is famously friendly and welcoming to everyone. If you choose to study here as an international student, you’ll settle in quickly.
- Manchester has some fabulous local delicacies you need to try, from a Manchester tart to an Eccles cake – you’re in for a real treat.
4. Leamington Spa
- If you’re studying at the University of Warwick, it’s easy to travel from Leamington Spa via well connected transport links.
- Leamington Spa itself is picturesque with plenty of chilled out cafes, shopping opportunities and great nightlife.
- The University of Warwick has a great support service for international students.
- With a large number of international students studying at the University of Warwick, you’ll never feel alone on your UK adventure.
- There’s a rich history and heritage in Glasgow, the second largest city in Scotland and a globally recognised study destination.
- With plenty of events, exhibitions and museums, international students will feel welcome as soon as they get here. Glasgow is an extremely friendly city, filled with lots of fun activities.
- All Glasgow based universities are very welcoming and supportive of international students.
- There are plenty of international societies where you can make new friends and navigate the city together.