If you are you looking for a degree course in the UK, it is important to know the entry requirements for what you want to study as these can vary at each university. Sound complicated? Don’t worry.
What to Study
UK universities offer specialized, flexible courses so you must be sure about what subjects are you going to choose and you must be well informed about the course descriptions.
How to Apply
In order to gain admission to an undergraduate program at a UK university, students need to apply between 1 September and 30 June in the year preceding the year which academic study is to commence. This must be done through UCAS (The University and Colleges Admissions Services) which acts as the intermediator between universities and students.
As per the qualification guidelines provided by the UK National Agency, universities assess your application before offering a place on the course.
- At least two subjects to be taken at A2. Sometimes grades are converted into UCAS Tariff points to compare the applicants
- Many universities appreciate The Extended Project (EPQ) though it is not compulsory
- You will be required to take an English language test to prove that your English is of adequately high standards if English is not your first language, such as IELTS
- SI-UK provides IELTS preparation classes so you can hit your target score. Sign up for the right IELTS course that suits your schedule.
- A criminal record DBS check
- A fitness to practice check as well as finance check
- Your interests, experience, and skills mentioned in the course description must be suitable for your suitability to the course
- You will need to take an admission test and an interview if required by the course. So it will be advised for some early preparation
Students living outside the UK need to apply for a student Tier 4 visa and are demanded to meet the conditions of the UK Border Agency. If that is the case, you might need to take an English language test approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
Fees vary depending upon the course and university you have chosen and you have to be assured of making arrangements of having enough funds to pay not only your tuition fees but your living expenses also. UK universities offer scholarships for Indian students and you may be eligible for certain awards.
In both cases, SI-UK helps you to secure scholarships and bursaries and assists you with the information to apply and receive an education loan if you meet the necessary requirements.
We disclose here only the basic entry requirements, but you must check the specific entry requirements for the course you are interested in or meet our SI-UK consultants.
Apply to Study in the UK