University of York has introduced New Computer Science Undergraduate Course
3 November 2017
Department of Computer Science of University of York is pleased to introduce a new and exciting Undergraduate Program to provide you with a solid foundation in the principles and practices of coding, mathematics and basic engineering.
The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university located in the city of York, England and has expanded to more than thirty departments and centres, covering a wide range of subjects. As per Sunday Times, York has a recent track record better than that of Oxford, according to the official assessments of teaching quality.
The Under Graduate program so introduced
- MEng (Hons) Computer Science with Cyber Security
- MEng (Hons) Computer Science with Cyber Security with a year in Industry
This program will give you
- Breadth in computer science and related technical disciplines; and advanced training in focussed areas of your choice including secure systems, cryptography and forensic analysis of incidents.
- Flexibility to transfer between Computer Science Courses at any time until the end of the first year. Joint honours courses will remain exception.
- AAA-AAB including an A Level in Mathematics
- IB overall grade of of 36 - 35 points, with a grade 6 in Mathematics at Higher Level or international equivalent
IELTS: with overall score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component
TOEFL: 87, with a minimum of 21 in all components
The program will impart the theories, principles, practices and technologies of cyber security and you will gain knowledge and understanding of the principles underpinning effective approaches to cyber defence.
University of York promises to keep you update with the latest developments in Computer Science and Cyber Security through teaching by academics at the cutting edge of their field.