Swansea University announce new Undergraduate Course in Actuarial Science
26 July 2018
Swansea University is pleased to introduce a new undergraduate course “BSc Actuarial Science” for the international students having strong background in Maths. The course is open for September 2018.
The course combines the expertise of the College of Science and School of Management and will be taught in the new £32.5m Computational Foundry based at the Bay campus. The Computational Foundry is equipped with high quality teaching facilities, world-leading experimental set-ups and the most up-to-date devices and prototypes.
Students will study modules in Mathematics and Accounting & Finance as well as brand new themed modules ensuring all the areas of the IFoA Core Principles syllabuses are covered. Actuaries can expect to earn over £50,000 once fully qualified.
- A-Level Grades: A*AA including Mathematics
- English Language Requirements: IELTS overall 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component or equivalent English test
The Mathematics department at Swansea University is:
- 4th in the UK for graduate prospects
- 18th Mathematics department in the UK overall (Guardian University Guide 2018)
- Consistently high student satisfaction scores (91% in the National Student Survey 2017)
- Within the top third in the world (QS World University Rankings 2015)
If you wish to learn more about various courses including the newly introduced under graduate course, admission process and scholarships available at the Swansea University, then arrange a free consultation with SI-UK today.