Scholarships and Entry Requirements for 2020 Intake at the University of Essex
25 November 2019
The University of Essex is home to around 16,000 students from over 150 different countries. Essex ranks 37th in the Times University Guide 2020 and Times Higher Education voted Essex as 'University of the Year' in 2018. Applications are open for 2020 intake at the University of Essex.
Entry requirements for 2020 Postgraduate intake:
- For most of the Master’s programmes students are accepted with a minimum aggregate of 50% or CGPA of 5.3, if they are from a Band 1 or 2 NOOSR (National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition) institution.
- Minimum percentage requirement for applicants from Band 3 institutions is of 55% or CGPA of 5.8.
- Waiver requests are accepted for English language tests like IELTS, PTE, and TOEFL from those students who have completed their first degree from Band 1 institutions as per the NOOSR guidelines.
Scholarships are available for international students who have studied their undergraduate degree overseas or in the UK. Scholarships can go up to £5,000 and are awarded as a discount on the tuition fees.
Criteria for selection are that students should:
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be entirely self-funding their studies
- be applying for a full-time Masters course starting in 2020-21 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria
The academic criteria are:
- Tier 1 and 2 with 60% - £5,000
- Tier 1 and 2 with 55% - £3,000
- Tier 3 with 65% - £5,000
- Tier 3 with 60% - £3,000
To learn more about courses, entry requirements, visa at the University of Essex and get scholarship and funding information about other UK universities, book a FREE consultation with SI-UK India today.