Nottingham University Scholarships for International Students 2020
25 February 2020
Nottingham University has launched a new range of scholarships for international students applying to study undergraduate and postgraduate courses in 2020. The University is a member of the Russell Group, Universitas 21, the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the European University Association. The University regularly features in the world’s top 30 universities and offers a highly flexible learning environment with a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes catering to international students.
The University of Nottingham’s new regional excellence awards are given on the basis of academic merit and cover a contribution towards tuition fees in the first year of the course. The South Asia Undergraduate Excellence Award is a scholarship meant for those high-achieving international students that are from South Asian countries, including India. It covers a contribution towards the tuition fees in the first year of the degree course at the University.
The number of scholarships being offered to students is six worth £2,000 and two worth £6,500. The applications for these scholarships will close on Friday, 13th March 2020.
To apply for this scholarship, students must:
- be a national of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka
- hold an offer for a full-time undergraduate degree course at Nottingham beginning in September 2020
- firmly accept their degree course within UCAS.
- Business School MSc Scholarships – These generous scholarships, range from 20% to 100% of tuition fees and are merit-based, aimed at rewarding choice applicants applying for postgraduate Nottingham University Business School programmes. If an applicant holds or has a predicted score of the UK equivalent of 2:1 (65% and above) in their undergraduate studies, their application will be considered for a 50% scholarship up till reaching the funding limit. All the scholarships will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Business School Alumni Scholarships – The University of Nottingham values its students, and thus if they hold or are expected to pass out from the University of Nottingham and they fulfil the MSc admission criteria, students will automatically be offered a 50% scholarship to continue their studies at Nottingham. In addition, if the student has studied at one of Nottingham’s campuses in China or Malaysia and they meet the admissions criteria, they will receive a 50% scholarship up till reaching the funding limit.
- Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships – The University is offering 50% and 100% tuition fee scholarship under this. The student needs to have an offer of a place to study with the University to be able to apply. The application deadline is Friday 1 May 2020.
The University also offers some research scholarships for talented international students pursuing PhD courses and postgraduate research at Nottingham. This includes the International Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship for Research Excellence, which covers the student’s tuition fees and around £1,000 monthly living allowance. Applications for these excellence awards will close on Friday, 20th March 2020. Other scholarships include the GREAT Scholarship worth £10,000.
If you are interested in applying to undergraduate, postgraduate or research programmes at the University of Nottingham, you can visit your nearest SI-UK India office or book your free consultation with us today.