BSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management at the University of Surrey
9 December 2019
The University of Surrey, located in Guildford, England, is popular with Indian students for pursuing courses in Sociology, Engineering, Psychology and Management. The University has around 16,000 students from over 140 different countries studying in its three faculties. Surrey’s BSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management is lucrative for students who want to make a career in everything from hotels to casinos, airlines to cruise ships, tour operators to resort development in this exciting and fast-growing sector.
Why choose Surrey?
- Ranked in the top 3 in the UK as per the Complete University Guide 2020
- Ranked in the top 6 globally for Hospitality and Tourism
- They also offer separate BSc in International Hospitality Management and BSc in International Tourism Management.
- 3 years full time degree and 4 years full time with 1 year of work placement ( mostly paid placement). The hotels for the 1 year training include Four Seasons, Savoy, Langham and Hilton.
- The University is located at a 40mins drive from Heathrow airport and 35mins from Central London by train
- Their Career and Placement facility has been ranked #1 in the UK and #7 in the world
- Students present from around 120 different nationalities on campus
- Students can avail a 2-year post-study work visa post completion of their degree in the UK.
Students who have recently graduated from this course have been employed in roles and companies such as:
- Product and Commercial Executive, Monarch Travel Group
- Graduate Management Trainee, Hilton Worldwide
- Voyage Management Trainee, Grosvenor House JW Marriott Hotel
- HR Coordinator, Sofitel London Heathrow
- Front Desk Management Trainee, Hilton Hotels
- Vita Futura Graduate Management Programme, Marriott International
- Graduate Trainee, Lexington Catering.
Application to Surrey undergraduate courses is via UCAS only. IELTS waiver is possible for CBSE/ISC/IB Diploma/A Levels.