Studying in Ireland
Ireland is located on the west coast of Europe and is a member of the European Union. Ireland is a popular destination for international students and offers a high level of education that is recognised throughout the world, combining a fantastic higher education experience with historical cities, beautiful scenery and a unique heritage.
Facts about studying in Ireland
- Irish universities operate the free fees scheme for EU students, enabling those who meet the criteria to avoid tuition fees if studying a publically funded course
- Extensive range of courses recognised globally for their excellence
- Join the 35,000 international students currently in Ireland, from over 161 countries
- The only English speaking country in the Eurozone
- Leading entrepreneurial rates among adult population
- Irish universities are in the top 1% of research institutions in the world in research impact
- Home to companies such as Google, Medtronics and Microsoft
- Ireland has recently been voted by Lonely Planet as the world’s friendliest city twice
Visa requirements for studying in Ireland
Indian students must apply for a visa to enter Ireland before they travel. Students will be required to have accepted an offer of a recognised programme of study in Ireland and to have a receipt of payment letter from a college in Ireland before you can begin the process of applying for your visa overseas to study in Ireland. Students from with the EU do not need a visa to study in Ireland.
English requirements for studying in Ireland
Any student wishing to study in Ireland must meet the minimum English language requirements. SI-UK recommends all students undergo IELTS preparation before joining an Irish university. Each college and university has specific requirements for admission, so please check before applying to your desired course.
If you need to improve your IELTS score ahead of studying in Ireland, sign up for our IELTS classes today.
Tuition fees to study in Ireland
Indian undergraduate students
- Arts and humanities: €10,000 - €16,500
- Business: €10,000 - €16,000
- Engineering: €10,000 - €21,600
- Medicine: €31,000 - €50,000
- Sciences: €10,000 - €21,600
Indian postgraduate students
- Arts and humanities: €10,500 - €20,000
- Business: €10,500 - €30,000
- Engineering: €10,500 - €19,500
- Medicine: €12,000 - €52,000
- Sciences: €10,500 - €18,000
Universities in Ireland
- Dublin City University
- Maynooth University
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
How we can help
If you are an Indian student interested in studying in Ireland, arrange your free consultation today.