Going for visa interview can be nerve wrecking, especially if it’s your first time. But don’t worry too much, most Tier 4 UK student visas are granted provided you have all the right documents and can a give reasons why you wish to study in the UK.
What documents are required?
- Current passport (Ensure you have a blank page in your passport for the visa to be stamped)
- Two passport size coloured photographs
- Financial documents to prove that you are having the required funding
- Original birth certificate (Translation required if in regional language)
- ATAS Certificate (if required)
- CAS letter
- Tuberculosis Screening Certificate from UKVI approved TB Test Centre
- Original educational documents as mentioned in your CAS letter
- English language certificate as mentioned in your CAS letter
- Payment for immigration health surcharge before visa application (£150 for 12 months and £75 for 4 months visa extension)
Visa interview questions
After all your documents are verified, you will be taken to a video conference room where you will have a Skype interview with an immigration officer from the UK.
Common Tier 4 visa interviews questions
Ensure all questions are answered politely and clearly.
- Could you please tell your name and date of birth?
- Where will you be studying?
- When does the course start?
- Why did you choose this university?
- Why did you choose this course?
- Why did you choose the UK as your study destination?
- Where will you be staying?
Immigration officers are only interested in learning if you are a genuine student, so there is no need to feel any great pressure when answering any of the above. Answer truthfully and you will encounter no problems with your application.
In addition to the above questions, other queries around your current IELTS score may also arise. For example, if you scored lower in the writing part of the IELTS exam, you may be asked how you will cope during your studies. This is routine, but be prepared.