Data sciences is one of the fastest growing sectors in the world, having multiple uses across a wide range of organisations and businesses. Data Analysis is amongst the most highly paid jobs in the world and the role of data analysts has become crucial to the sustenance of business. There is a huge demand for data experts in IT as well as non IT sectors such as finance, insurance, banking and e-commerce.
Graduates in commerce and business have a unique approach towards analytics because of their strong quantitative skills and understanding of business operations. Consequently, finance professionals with skills in data analysis are considered highly competitive in the industry. An additional certification in Data Analytics can therefore boost the career prospects of commerce graduates by improving their employability and decision making skills.
Study Data Analytics Courses in the UK
Postgraduate courses in Data Analytics in the UK can be:
- One year full time taught masters programme
- Two year taught masters programme with one industrial placement year
- Some universities also offer short term PG Diplomas and PG Certificate courses
Course modules are engaging, industry oriented and flexible. Choice is available in some universities to select modules based on students’ interests and strengths. Subject modules include Machine Learning, Econometrics, Bioinformatics, Applied Algorithms, Reasoning, Business and Internet Services.
Eligibility requirements for Data Analytics courses in the UK
Most universities in the UK require:
- 2:1 Honours degree in computer science, physics, software engineering, mathematics, economics or closely related subjects with a strong element of computing and mathematics both
- An IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in each individual band
Best UK universities to study Data Analytics
- Queen Mary University of London - MSc Big Data Science
- Royal Holloway, University of London - MSc. Data Science and Analytics
- University of Liverpool - MSc Big Data and High Performance Computing
- University of Stirling - MSc Big Data
- University of Glasgow - MSc Data Sciences
Study in the UK