Scholarships at SOAS University of London
|Commonwealth Shared Scholarships|
|Scholarship Name||Commonwealth Shared Scholarships|
|Scholarship Deadline||22 March 2018|
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
Deadline: 22 March 2018
The Shared Scholarship Scheme is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission with funding from UK Department of International Development (DFID), and UK universities, to support scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom.
The outcome of our bid has now been announced and SOAS has been offered 3 awards for 2018-19.
The Commision funds the cost of tuition fees (at overseas rate), return airfares and other allowances and SOAS supports the student stipend for the award holders.
(Unfortunately, the following programmes have not been approved: Full-time MSc Globalisation and Development, Full-time MA Music in Development and the full-time MA Social Anthropology of Development)
In order to be eligible, applicants should:
Statement of Financial Need
In addition to the above criteria, applicants must provide a statement of financial need with your on-line admission application. The short supporting statement should include the following information:
- details of family and financial background: your financial situation growing up, are you the first in your family to go to university?
- how did you fund your past education - through scholarships, awards, parental assistance/self-funding?
- how does your situation now prevent you from funding an education in the UK - do you have family dependents or outstanding debts (student loans for example)?
- past employment - have your previous salaries put you in a position to be able to afford an education in the UK?
- further clarity as to how you will use your education at SOAS to help your future goals
- any additional information you think will help your application - extenuating financial circumstances, other financial burdens
add to favourites