Manchester Metropolitan University has announced a new undergraduate Creative Writing course for 2018
14 November 2017
Department of English of Manchester is offering a new full-time under graduate Creative Writing Course for upcoming year 2018 to be taught by world-renowned writers from the Manchester Writing School with over 85 published graduates.
Manchester located in England is the fifth largest University in the UK in terms of Student Numbers. It is also ranked fourth within new universities attracting Research Funds from the Higher Education Funding Council for England and has 8 Research Institutes.
Features of the course
- A large and vibrant community of around 50 Internationally renowned writers and critics
- Regular readings, visiting speakers, literary events and teaching in a variety of specialist area
- Provide wealth of opportunities to engage with many competitions, conferences, research programs and building network with creative community
- Friendly & student-centred environment
- Diverse assessment methods supporting students developing presentation and team-working skills
- Strong emphasis on professional development and skills to be practised in broad range of careers
- Study and practice creative writing in a wide range of establishments and new forms from prose fiction and poetry to screen writing and writing for computer games
The Department of English works with local schools and voluntary organizations to provide you opportunity to gain work experience in education, creative work shopping, youth work and video production.
Academic Requirements: Three A2 level or acceptable alternatives and English Subject at GCE A Level is preferred
International Baccalaureate Points: 26
English Language Requirements: Overall 6 with no less than 5.5 in each element