University Of Westminster at SI-UK Bangalore
University maintain a strong vocational focus, with longer modules including work-based skills and integration with practical activity. Undergraduates are able to conduct research during their degree. The University has achieved fame for its media studies and fashion degrees, both of which are rated as being some of the best in the world. Having celebrated its 175th anniversary in 2013, Westminster continues to invest heavily in all facilities from accommodation to the restoration of one of the first cinemas in Britain within the Regent Campus.
We have four campuses in London, three of which are within walking distance of both Oxford Street and the wide open spaces of Regent’s Park.All four campuses have been extensively redeveloped to create fresh and inspiring places to learn and socialise, creating a unique University community.
Some of the highlights from this university include:
- the first polytechnic in the UK (1838)
- the opening of the first public photographic portrait studio in Europe (1841)
- the venue for the first public moving picture show in the UK, organised by the Lumiere brothers (1896)
- organising the first marathon race (at the London Olympics) over the now traditional distance of 26 miles, 385 yards (1908)
- offering the first degree courses in Photographic Science, Photography, and Media Studies (1960s and 1970s)
- the first modern university to win the Queen’s Award for Enterprise – International Trade
- the UK’s first Partner University for UN Habitat, the agency which deals with human settlement and development.
Students who are interested in studying with this university should contact the SI-UK Bangalore office to reserve a 20 minute private interview with the University Representative. Please bring any supporting documents with you.Our contact details are: 0091 080 4219-8902; Email: email@example.com We are looking forward to seeing you.