SI-UK Company History
Predecessor company of SI-UK was established in Shinjuku, Tokyo and successfully placed thousands of students from Japan into UK universities and colleges.
- SI-UK International Co., Ltd. founded in Tokyo, Japan. Head office opened in Takadanobaba, Shinjuku ward. SI-UK sets out a strategy for global expansion of services.
- SI-UK Tokyo Language Centre opened offering a wide range of test preparation courses including IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, LSAT and other university preparation classes.
SI-UK Osaka office opened to provide application support to students in the west of Japan.
SI-UK Osaka Language Centre opened offering full range of university preparation lessons including IELTS.
SI-UK holds its first UK University Fairs in Tokyo and Osaka. Both attract hundreds of visitors seeking information about courses at UK universities.
SI-UK London office opened in Russell Square, next to University of London Campus. SI-UK is the first London-based agency to recruit international students of all nationalities to the UK.
SI-UK London creates the first multi-lingual website for international students seeking information on studying in the UK. Languages include English, Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, and Spanish.
SI-UK launches comprehensive online university course search function free of use to all, with over 30,000 university and college courses linking directly to university/college course pages.
SI-UK London opens an IELTS preparation centre to help international students gain the required English score to enter university.
- SI-UK Tokyo opens second office.
- Tokyo and Osaka university fairs now established as the largest UK-only education events in Japan.
First SI-UK London university fair with over 80 UK universities attending, making it the largest UK university fair worldwide.
SI-UK creates the first online library, containing over a thousand samples of university application documents including personal statements, resumes, reference letters, UCAS applications forms and university application forms, for students.
SI-UK Shanghai office opened in the commercial centre of Shanghai.
SI-UK Delhi office opened in CP on Barakhamba Road New Delhi.
SI-UK Bangalore office opened.
- SI-UK Chennai office opened.
- SI-UK Manchester office opened.
- SI-UK London office relocated to current location on Regent Street due to business expansion.
SI-UK Istanbul office opened.
SI-UK Tokyo Language Training Centre moves into expanded, custom-built facilities. With 12 UK-native teachers, the Centre now offers more IELTS courses than any other language school in Japan.
Tokyo and Osaka university fairs attract a record 53 universities to Japan.
First SI-UK UK University Fair held in Amsterdam.
First SI-UK UK University Fair in Manchester.
First UK University Fair in Istanbul, Turkey.
- SI-UK office opens in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Over 90 universities attend London UK University Fair, making it the largest SI-UK UK University Fair to date.
SI-UK opens in China.
SI-UK opens its first office in Lagos, Nigeria.
A second Turkish office opens in capital city Ankara.
Tokyo office relocates to the prestigious Shibuya district in Japan.
A second Nigerian office is opened in Abuja.
- SI-UK launches its new state-of-the-art website in the UK.
- First UK University Fairs held in Abuja and Lagos.
- New SI-UK website is launched in India and Thailand.
- First UK University Fair in Delhi.
SI-UK London builds two new IELTS classrooms at Regent Street office.
Awarded a grant by the UK government as one of the fastest growing businesses in the UK.
- SI-UK Delhi hosts India’s largest UK University Fair, with 55 UK universities attending.
- SI-UK's first national TV advert premieres on the Star Network, India.
A record 100 UK universities attend the UK University Fair London.
UCAS Schools Service launches providing expert services to top boarding schools and A-level colleges in the UK and globally.
New Spanish and Vietnamese websites launched.
SI-UK relaunches brand with new logo.
New office opened in Tehran, Iran.
New office opens in Doha, Qatar.